Welcome Friends & Family!

Thanks for your love and support! If you'd like to email or send anything to Elder Meads, please do! His email address is: connor.meads@myldsmail.net & His mailing address is: Elder Connor Meads; c/o Belgium/Netherlands Mission; Schuttersveld 2; 2316 ZA Leiden; Netherlands

Follow this blog by e-mail:

Area Transfers & Companions

05/27/15 L.D.S. Mission Training Center in Provo, Utah = Elder Taylor D´agostin - Chicago, IL

07/?/15 Washington Federal Way Mission Maple Valley, WA = Elder Parker Moses - ? & Elder Samulson - ?

07/?/15 Maple Valley, WA = Elder Cameron Sumsion - Provo UT

Belgium/Netherlands Mission in Assen, Netherlands = Elder Henri Torniainen - Finland

Assen, Netherlands = Elder Chester William Harp - Idaho

Rotterdam, Netherlands = Elder Zachary Johnson - SLC, UT

Rotterdam, Netherlands = Elder Antonius Tolman - Maryland

Vlissingen, Netherlands = Elder Zachary Vanfleet - Payson, UT

TOP 10 Most Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews

Warning: possible cookies

I am required to warn visitors that cookies MAY be found on this blog. I'm unaware of how to set those up here, but that doesn't seem to matter. If you do find a cookie here, please let me know. Thanks! Elder Meads' Mother
Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Op de tweede oktober, kreeg ik een e-mail van Elder Meads!

AAAANNNND We're back!!

Hello everyone, I'm terribly sorry that I haven't sent out an email in quite a while, but I have a good excuse: The internet in the Belgium church's has been offline for a few weeks. Now it's back, and we can email some more.

Well, I can't exactly go over each one of my last transfer's weeks since so much has happened. Yes, you've missed an entire transfer of six weeks. I was in Vlissingen, Netherlands and was transferred down to Gent, Belgium. There's so much to cover, I'll just rant a bit on how Belgium has been treating me. Overall I like Belgium.


There are a few downsides I'm aware of. #1: Everything costs a lot more. I came into Belgium with quite a chunk of cash as far as missionaries go, but by the end of my first month, I was at a balance of 0 euro. It's always fun juggling when to buy what and how much it will all be. I figure it's good practice for life though. A lot of Belgium missionaries have to throw in the towel financially and pull out personal money for food and the like, and that hasn't come quite yet. #2: Deodorant is hard to find here. I'm guessing that Belgians don't always feel the need to wear deodorant. Sometimes, when there are a lot of people within a tight radius, I can smell it. Yeah, I'll be hunting down a half year's supply of deodorant soon.  Gent is really cool by the way.

I've been with Elder Howard for the past 6 weeks, and it's gone by incredibly fast! Belgium P-days are much more enjoyable since there are far more missionaries involved, and we've been doing really fun stuff lately such as visiting sites like Ieper and castles and the like. Really stuff that I will cherish the rest of my life, so as p-days go, I'm pretty proud of my P-day's here. In fact, this P-day we're going to Brussels for a really big Harry Potter expo which I'm really excited for. Just typing about what comes to mind.

As far as the work goes, we're incredibly busy! I don't know how else to put it to be honest. We've had lessons every single day and for almost all of each day. We've gotten pretty swamped, but it's actually been dying down lately, which actually isn't a huge shame as I really enjoy sleep from time to time. A few investigators of ours are progressing towards baptism, and we have put an investigator on the calendar for October 29th, so pray that goes through. Her biggest problem is smoking, but she is working past it.


Wanna hear a cool miracle?

So we were in Gent proper until 8, and it takes 2 hours for us to get home. Pday ends at 6, and we got lost. Well, since the Pday ended, we began talking to people in normal clothes and we had no success, but we were working hard none the less so we felt good. Then on the train, we felt kinda worn out, so we were just talking to each other when an investigator calls us up and sets an appointment for this coming Thursday. Once we get off the phone, this couple by us asks us where we learned to speak such good Dutch since we are clearly native English speakers, and we ended up speaking to them the entire 2-hour  train ride home. I told them the entire Plan of Salvation, and all about the Restoration, and they committed to come to church. A very nice couple, they said they've been to Utah a few times too.  Let's hope they'll come and want to be taught more.


I really appreciate the emails you have sent me, even though it's been radio silence on my side. I'm also sorry for the lack of details, but please send an email for any specific details you want, and I"ll gladly answer them! Have a nice week!

- Elder Meads

P.S. Also, I'm staying in Genk, and getting an Elder named Elder Foltz, and Elder Howard is going to Dordrecht.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Introducing Elder Meads'

Introducing Elder Meads'

Beide de boeken preken van Jezus Christus:

Beide de boeken preken van Jezus Christus:

Proverbs 3:5-6

Proverbs 3:5-6

L.D.S. Den Haag Temple

L.D.S. Den Haag Temple

Mission Maps

Mission Maps

Elder Meads has been serving now for:

Elder Meads Serves till: