Welcome Friends & Family!

Thanks for your love and support! If you'd like to email or send anything to Elder Meads, please do! His email address is: connor.meads@myldsmail.net & His mailing address is: Elder Connor Meads; c/o Belgium/Netherlands Mission; Schuttersveld 2; 2316 ZA Leiden; Netherlands

Follow this blog by e-mail:

Area Transfers & Companions

05/27/15 L.D.S. Mission Training Center in Provo, Utah = Elder Taylor D´agostin - Chicago, IL

07/?/15 Washington Federal Way Mission Maple Valley, WA = Elder Parker Moses - ? & Elder Samulson - ?

07/?/15 Maple Valley, WA = Elder Cameron Sumsion - Provo UT

Belgium/Netherlands Mission in Assen, Netherlands = Elder Henri Torniainen - Finland

Assen, Netherlands = Elder Chester William Harp - Idaho

Rotterdam, Netherlands = Elder Zachary Johnson - SLC, UT

Rotterdam, Netherlands = Elder Antonius Tolman - Maryland

Vlissingen, Netherlands = Elder Zachary Vanfleet - Payson, UT

TOP 10 Most Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews

Warning: possible cookies

I am required to warn visitors that cookies MAY be found on this blog. I'm unaware of how to set those up here, but that doesn't seem to matter. If you do find a cookie here, please let me know. Thanks! Elder Meads' Mother
Monday, July 25, 2016

Week 59/102: maandag 11 juli email van Elder Meads

So I'll get transfers out of the way at the beginning of the email so all the missionaries who are reading this, and need to get back to their inbox and email their Mom, can do so.

I will be staying in Vlissingen for a 4th transfer with Elder Garcia as my new companion, and Elder Vanfleet, my companion for 3 transfers, will be leaving to Hangelo with Elder Miera.

Monday:  lekker P-day, we emailed, we shopped, and to end it, did service for an investigator who bought us dinner as well.  It was delicious and I had a fantastic time.  We got a call from a member saying that they were doing surprise apartment inspections.  Now, our apartment isn't that bad, but there were a few things that could be picked up from the table and things like that.  Not bad, but not wanting to be inspected.  I was freaking out.

Tuesday:  We went to District Meeting, but I was tired due to the time we need to wake up to get there on time.  I zombied through it, and we had to leave a little early so we could get to our appointment with an investigator at 3.  Our rush was for naught because she never answered, but oh well.  I guess we continue the way of the missionary.   We ended the day at a members house eating some lekker food and talking about the gospel.  Good times.  I love the member because she's a little girl in an old women's body.

Wednesday: Another appointment fell through today as well, which sucked, but we still managed a good day because the members we ate with this night are some of my favorites.  They're the ones who said that they did the inspection, so I was having trouble looking them in the eye, but they said it was a big joke and we all laughed it off to some good food.

Thursday: We decided today was a good day to do a referral that we received the day before, so we took the day and traveled the great distance to it.  They said they were incredibly impressed that we come from America to do this, and that we are delivering the book within a day of them ordering it.  They let us in, and turns out, the book was for their kid for a school project, however, they got the whole family together and we taught a really powerful Restoration lesson.  It was a really cool experience.

Friday:  We had service with an old couple which I really enjoyed.  I was given the hedge trimmer and I went ham with leveling out hedge after hedge.  It was good work to just shut up and think to, or not think to.  Well once we sat down for the treat they had prepared, he started talking about his sick wife and our beliefs on life after death.  We taught a focused Plan of Salvation which we didn't plan for, and it went off very well.  I for one felt the spirit.  A member said he'd take us out to a place called Middelburg which is supposed to be "American quality hamburgers" because he suspected Vanfleet was leaving.  I was really curious to see this "American Quality" because I haven't tasted an honest hamburger since coming to the Netherlands.  My official opinion was that it was really delicious, but it tasted more like they put a worst in place of the patty.  Still good, but America still owns my heart with Hamburgers.

Saturday:  We scored 2 lessons this day.  One of them wasn't that spectacular since she tangented the lesson so often we barely taught anything, but the 2nd was very amazing.  This lady has been taught for over 15 years by the missionaries off and on.  She has gotten into the very convenient habit of feeding us, so I figure I can always justify some time there.  Well, we had a serious talk about baptism, which is a serious goal of hers, and some of her concerns of coming to church.  As she started talking about some of the difficulties in coming to church and the like, I shared with her a classic.  1 Ne 3:7, and she seemed to really respond to it. 

Sunday:  My bike helmet was stolen... Lame...  Church was good, I couldn't focus because i was kind of tired, and none of our investigators had shown up, but it was good none the less.  We pretty much went through an uneventful day because our appointment that night had canceled



.
Thanks for reading if you did.  Send me some emails on your week, or what you thought about mine, I don't care.  I always love seeing some emails in my inbox.

  -Elder Meads

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Introducing Elder Meads'

Introducing Elder Meads'

Beide de boeken preken van Jezus Christus:

Beide de boeken preken van Jezus Christus:

Proverbs 3:5-6

Proverbs 3:5-6

L.D.S. Den Haag Temple

L.D.S. Den Haag Temple

Mission Maps

Mission Maps

Elder Meads has been serving now for:

Elder Meads Serves till: