Welcome Friends & Family!

Thanks for your love and support! If you'd like to email or send anything to Elder Meads, please do! His email address is: connor.meads@myldsmail.net & His mailing address is: Elder Connor Meads; c/o Belgium/Netherlands Mission; Schuttersveld 2; 2316 ZA Leiden; Netherlands

Follow this blog by e-mail:

Area Transfers & Companions

05/27/15 L.D.S. Mission Training Center in Provo, Utah = Elder Taylor D´agostin - Chicago, IL

07/?/15 Washington Federal Way Mission Maple Valley, WA = Elder Parker Moses - ? & Elder Samulson - ?

07/?/15 Maple Valley, WA = Elder Cameron Sumsion - Provo UT

Belgium/Netherlands Mission in Assen, Netherlands = Elder Henri Torniainen - Finland

Assen, Netherlands = Elder Chester William Harp - Idaho

Rotterdam, Netherlands = Elder Zachary Johnson - SLC, UT

Rotterdam, Netherlands = Elder Antonius Tolman - Maryland

Vlissingen, Netherlands = Elder Zachary Vanfleet - Payson, UT

TOP 10 Most Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews

Warning: possible cookies

I am required to warn visitors that cookies MAY be found on this blog. I'm unaware of how to set those up here, but that doesn't seem to matter. If you do find a cookie here, please let me know. Thanks! Elder Meads' Mother
Monday, May 9, 2016

Week 050/102: maandag 09 mei email van Elder Meads

Goedemorgen!

This week was really good, not incredibly busy like I'd hoped, but that's okay because next week we have 10 lessons planned and more appointments with less actives and some other members. The golden highlight of this week was definitely the skype that took place last night on mothers day! The Van Eijzeren's were very nice to have us come over and it was so nice after dinner. They had two rooms set up, they showed us the computers, made sure everything was working, and left. I loved my one on one time with my family! :p I liked it, but it was different than my Christmas skype in Rotterdam, not because of how we organized it this time, though the one on one time schedule was a home run, I loved getting to spend a little one to one time alone with my siblings and parents. I loved it a lot actually! No, while it was really REALLY nice to see everyone again, I was not fixated on it.

Christmas was pretty difficult for me. I had gone from a very small, rural Assen (my first and only assigned area) where I had been there for several transfers and had a wonderful member family who were all set up for my skype call and I was feeling completely ready and excited for Christmas day to come; I went from that to Rotterdam City -so unlike Assen in every way, and was transfered the wednesday just before Christmas. That's 2 days before Christmas. We skyped just before dinner and I just sat through dinner and the rest of the night in a huge daze. But this time it seemed like business as usual after the call. I expected to be really really trunky like I'd been at Christmastime and wanting to take a week off to fly home, but I didn't feel that at all. I don´t feel trunky or homesick, I feel good. Skyping felt like it was just a 'check in' for my Mom and family to see that I was happy and healthy and engaged as a missionary. I feel like it was a boost to me rather than making me want to sit back at my apartment the next day. 

I like my mission because it has helped me to grow and become someone more mature who can see that time is flying and there's so much more for me to do during my short 2 years. Kinda like looking down from the tower your building and realizing your family stands as its foundation, and is still there and still really strong, and because of the skype call I can feel reassured, and now go back to serving and back to my normal work. I can continue building until the next skype call! Really weird. I remember my first time skyping I kept asking other missionaries how their skypes home went, but they said they were really no big deal and didn't seem to even care about skyping anymore. That blew my mind at the time, but now I understand. Sure, I care about skyping, and I could've easily spent 6 or 7 hours skyping my family. It was great, but it wasn't desperately needed, you know? I´m ready to power through the next 7 months until the following landmark - our Christmas skype! All is well with Elder Meads. I love Rotterdam and feel so at home in the Vermeer's home now where I had made that skype call. Transfers come and go and I'm excited for all the possibilities ahead. Also, I hit my year-left mark this week!

Sorry this email is short, but no one had any questions for me to answer. I guess everyone was off looking out for their mother's day gifts.  Post your questions in this next week's emails, and I will try and answer them all to the best of my knowledge. Stay hanging like the gardens of Babylon! Mom, because you love getting photos, Mother's Day continues below. Yeah, well that's all I got for now. Love you!  
-Elder Meads
















0 comments:

Post a Comment

Introducing Elder Meads'

Introducing Elder Meads'

Beide de boeken preken van Jezus Christus:

Beide de boeken preken van Jezus Christus:

Proverbs 3:5-6

Proverbs 3:5-6

L.D.S. Den Haag Temple

L.D.S. Den Haag Temple

Mission Maps

Mission Maps

Elder Meads has been serving now for:

Elder Meads Serves till: