Welcome Friends & Family!

Thanks for your love and support! If you'd like to email or send anything to Elder Meads, please do! His email address is: connor.meads@myldsmail.net & His mailing address is: Elder Connor Meads; c/o Belgium/Netherlands Mission; Schuttersveld 2; 2316 ZA Leiden; Netherlands

Follow this blog by e-mail:

Area Transfers & Companions

05/27/15 L.D.S. Mission Training Center in Provo, Utah = Elder Taylor D´agostin - Chicago, IL

07/?/15 Washington Federal Way Mission Maple Valley, WA = Elder Parker Moses - ? & Elder Samulson - ?

07/?/15 Maple Valley, WA = Elder Cameron Sumsion - Provo UT

Belgium/Netherlands Mission in Assen, Netherlands = Elder Henri Torniainen - Finland

Assen, Netherlands = Elder Chester William Harp - Idaho

Rotterdam, Netherlands = Elder Zachary Johnson - SLC, UT

Rotterdam, Netherlands = Elder Antonius Tolman - Maryland

Vlissingen, Netherlands = Elder Zachary Vanfleet - Payson, UT

TOP 10 Most Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews

Warning: possible cookies

I am required to warn visitors that cookies MAY be found on this blog. I'm unaware of how to set those up here, but that doesn't seem to matter. If you do find a cookie here, please let me know. Thanks! Elder Meads' Mother
Monday, May 9, 2016

Week 048/102: maandag 25 april email van Elder Meads

Hey there family and friends, always good to hear from you!
Vlissingen is super remote and out thereon the bottom tip of the Netherlands, but the beach and beauty of this place is breath taking. I love Vlissingen. Rotterdam was huge and fealt like new york city. I kicked a pigeon there out of frustration once. I was honestly pretty proud of that that day too. Yeah, not the best thing to do. I know.

This week had a few little difficult moments, meaning, I don´t know hardly any of the other missionaries in this zone, & I think some were so busy chatting it up with former companions that I thought at the time that they might think it weird of me to toss myself into their conversations, so I had a lot of loneliness and a bit of negativity in me this week. Pretty weird too, considering that we talk to strangers all day every day. Kinda stupid of me in retrospect, but that happened, not yet sure why.

The biggest personal achievement of my week was that I got Pedro and Dominka out to church. They´ve been meeting with missionaries for a year or so, and no one has ever gotten them to come to church, and I finally got them to go their last sunday in the land. What an achievement! Too bad they're now moving. Never a long-progressing investigator so far in my mission. *sigh*

News for this week includes that I am getting a new mini missionary companion to add to Vanfleet and I this next sunday which is a cool story. His name is Anthony and was a less active, or rather a nonactive 20 year old punkish type of a guy a year ago, but he was totally reactivated some of it while I was there and now has gone through the repentance process with his bishop and he has decided to give a mini mission a try. So, he's been assigned to be with me here in Vlissingen! It´s all arranged, and I cannot wait for him to come. It'll be the best x-fer day yet!

Mom, I am getting super excited for Mothers day! I wrote you a letter about it and it's in the mail. One thing more I know you'll love hearing: Right before I put my hands on a Dutch member's head to ask God for a blessing, I said a fast prayer to make sure I was worthy, and I got this feeling of confidence that filled my chest. That was weird since I've never received an answer so quick like that before. I actually am 
still pretty confused on receiving answers to prayer , but that happened, so that was cool.   Mom, my journal is full of them, I´m sure you´ll be properly thrilled as a mother once I return and you get to read my mission journal entries. Thanks for being a really supportive mom. Alright, enough mushy stuff. 

So I already knew i was staying in Vlissingen since President told me I was staying to be with a mini-missionary along with Elder Vanfleet, but what i didn't expect last night when we got the actual call from President himself was that I am to be a district leader! Whaaaaaaaaat?? I can't be leadership! But I am, how weird!

I mean, it's no surprise that i got here... One who has these eyebrows just can't stay away from leadership. It's pretty clear it's that. Well in other news, this coming week will be fun since we're going to shoot for some high goals for our mini missionary week and make it fun for him while doing it. Thanks for the emails, everyone! They are really nice to read. If you haven't emailed me in like 4+ weeks, and you know who you are, send me an email! I always enjoy them! -Elder Meads





  



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Introducing Elder Meads'

Introducing Elder Meads'

Beide de boeken preken van Jezus Christus:

Beide de boeken preken van Jezus Christus:

Proverbs 3:5-6

Proverbs 3:5-6

L.D.S. Den Haag Temple

L.D.S. Den Haag Temple

Mission Maps

Mission Maps

Elder Meads has been serving now for:

Elder Meads Serves till: