Welcome Friends & Family!

Thanks for your love and support! If you'd like to email or send anything to Elder Meads, please do! His email address is: connor.meads@myldsmail.net & His mailing address is: Elder Connor Meads; c/o Belgium/Netherlands Mission; Schuttersveld 2; 2316 ZA Leiden; Netherlands

Follow this blog by e-mail:

Area Transfers & Companions

05/27/15 L.D.S. Mission Training Center in Provo, Utah = Elder Taylor D´agostin - Chicago, IL

07/?/15 Washington Federal Way Mission Maple Valley, WA = Elder Parker Moses - ? & Elder Samulson - ?

07/?/15 Maple Valley, WA = Elder Cameron Sumsion - Provo UT

Belgium/Netherlands Mission in Assen, Netherlands = Elder Henri Torniainen - Finland

Assen, Netherlands = Elder Chester William Harp - Idaho

Rotterdam, Netherlands = Elder Zachary Johnson - SLC, UT

Rotterdam, Netherlands = Elder Antonius Tolman - Maryland

Vlissingen, Netherlands = Elder Zachary Vanfleet - Payson, UT

TOP 10 Most Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews

Warning: possible cookies

I am required to warn visitors that cookies MAY be found on this blog. I'm unaware of how to set those up here, but that doesn't seem to matter. If you do find a cookie here, please let me know. Thanks! Elder Meads' Mother
Monday, May 9, 2016

Week 046/102: maandag 11 april email van Elder Meads

Zuster Vermeer is echt een leuke vrouw. I'll be praying for her husband.

Temple conference is when 2 zones get together and go to the temple, and then have a conference. It´s nice, and only happens twice per year. I love going to the Temple. I also love I love Vlissingen! This week went by so fast for me!

On Monday we shopped, emailed, did all that fun stuff and I don´t remember too much.

Tuesday was district meeting where we had a good time with our district. I talked to the zusters all the way home, and found out that I´m really shallow, so that was a nice realization.

Wednesday we had a lesson with a referral from the lamb of god Easter referral and she was kinda bashy, but luckily I do my studies and this was how that conversation went: "Where does it say in the Bible about baptisms for the dead?" "What a good question.""What? So you two don´t have an answer then?" "Well, Ma´am, if you'll turn to 1 Corr 15:29" "oh..." The fact that we study the scriptures daily comes in handy - YEEAAAH! Needless to say, she didn't want to gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon or Joseph Smith, but such as it goes.

Thursday was another lesson with a referral. this one was much more prepared to accept our message, and she said that she´d pray over the things we taught her with an open heart and read in the Book of Mormon. Then she said that she liked us so much, that she´d give us a gift! Then she gave us a pocket watch which had a pretty nice face and it was all in all legit until 10 min after we left, it broke completely, lol!

Friday we had a lesson with an investigator that was from Russia and pretty frequently goes off topic. After a very tangent soaked lesson, I asked her what she expected from the appointments, and she said to talk about Jesus in English, and I said that we´re here to help her progress towards baptism and to help people so they can all commit to live like Christ. Then she said there was absolutely no way that will happen since she´s already baptized in another church. I explained in like 3 different ways that we need baptisms to be performed via the right authority, but she was a stubborn lady from Russia, so I told her that if she doesn´t want to progress towards baptism, then we probably need to use our time elsewhere. Another investigator dropped. Moral of the story: Don´t be so stubborn and not want to progress, or else you get dropped by the missionaries. Happens all the time.

Saturday I woke up to a beautiful day, looked out my apartment window, and what do i see? A yard sale! In the Netherlands! Whaaaa- ! So we go out to check it out, and find out it´s a big one time event that the city set up in this neighborhood. I bought 2 ties, a 1932 dutch bible, 2 watches, something called the silmarillion, and a bike light all for 16 euro. I was pretty pumped since I needed a watch, and I saved butt tons of money. The watch is probably 30 euro, and ... idk, we also watched conference with some members and it was awesome!

Sunday was entirely absorbed with watching conference and eating soup with a member. I liked conference, but 3 sessions right in a row gets rough and I was having a hard time focusing. Luckily they´re recorded, right? Love you guys, email me some stuff, ttyl  
-Elder Meads

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Introducing Elder Meads'

Introducing Elder Meads'

Beide de boeken preken van Jezus Christus:

Beide de boeken preken van Jezus Christus:

Proverbs 3:5-6

Proverbs 3:5-6

L.D.S. Den Haag Temple

L.D.S. Den Haag Temple

Mission Maps

Mission Maps

Elder Meads has been serving now for:

Elder Meads Serves till: