Welcome Friends & Family!

Thanks for your love and support! If you'd like to email or send anything to Elder Meads, please do! His email address is: connor.meads@myldsmail.net & His mailing address is: Elder Connor Meads; c/o Belgium/Netherlands Mission; Schuttersveld 2; 2316 ZA Leiden; Netherlands

Follow this blog by e-mail:

Area Transfers & Companions

05/27/15 L.D.S. Mission Training Center in Provo, Utah = Elder Taylor D´agostin - Chicago, IL

07/?/15 Washington Federal Way Mission Maple Valley, WA = Elder Parker Moses - ? & Elder Samulson - ?

07/?/15 Maple Valley, WA = Elder Cameron Sumsion - Provo UT

Belgium/Netherlands Mission in Assen, Netherlands = Elder Henri Torniainen - Finland

Assen, Netherlands = Elder Chester William Harp - Idaho

Rotterdam, Netherlands = Elder Zachary Johnson - SLC, UT

Rotterdam, Netherlands = Elder Antonius Tolman - Maryland

Vlissingen, Netherlands = Elder Zachary Vanfleet - Payson, UT

TOP 10 Most Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews

Warning: possible cookies

I am required to warn visitors that cookies MAY be found on this blog. I'm unaware of how to set those up here, but that doesn't seem to matter. If you do find a cookie here, please let me know. Thanks! Elder Meads' Mother
Thursday, March 17, 2016

Week 042/102: maandag 14 maart email van Elder Meads

My first week in Vlissingen

This week went by semi-fast for me: some moments of slowness, but overall fast. This week was busy! I was transferred to Vlissingen on Wednesday, and upon arriving I noticed that the apartment was freaking destroyed, so I´ve been cleaning it, and it´s turning out pretty nice. We had a dinner that first night, and I went to bed to wake up to a surprise branch temple day! A member drove us the hour and a half or so to the temple so we could do an endowment session - actually two endowment sessions. that was fun, but my eyes were struggling to stay open throughout the second session. I love doing temple work though, and it was a really spiritual day.

The next day was a solid work day of traveling 2 hours to an appointment because our area is huge, and we taught a lady on the Belgium border the Plan of Salvation. She is so fetching prepared to hear the gospel, it is ridiculous. We also looked around Vlissingen for a bit, and there´s this place called Middleburg, which is the capitol of Zeeland, and it´s so... quaint! So dutch with small streets and some catholic cathedrals and castles with courtyards. Really beautiful, so I´m very happy to be here.

Then I believe Saturday came, and we had a service opportunity near Breda as a zone. I was able to meet the other missionaries in my district, so that was cool, and we did service for an open air museum which was really awesome! It´s this place where they try and re-create the Medieval Ages in a little town. It was very very cool, and we labored all day long there with many a 'tea break'. Very, very cool stuff.

Sunday was my first time in church here in Vlissingen and I love a branch so much more than a ward, though I do love myself a ward. After sacrament meeting, they passed out cake for everyone because it was this guys birthday. He was turning 83 or something. Cake passing never happened after church back home. I was really happy that whole time.

Now onto my new companion. We actually knew each other in high school. Only in Utah right?? For reals though, my companion is actually Elder Zach Vanfleet, the very same who went to SHHS with me and worked at Stokes. We´ve had a lot of ´do you remember X person?´ ´Remember when X happend?´ Kinda cool.

Well if you have any questions or want to just tell me what all is going on in your world, please write. Thanks to all who do. I love hearing from home and friends. Time's up. I gtg. Have a good week everyone! Bye!

-Elder Meads

P.S.   The way I´ve found best to to be a better person overall is through the example of Jesus Christ. Look up Christlike attributes and choose one or two you feel you need the most improvement on, then try all you can to develop that attribute. Read and search scriptures, look at Jesus´ example of him living that gospel principle, keep an eye out for other people around you who have that attribute already, and compliment them on it. When Jesus was on the earth, he was the PERFECT example for how God wants us to be. It´s even a commandment, and he also said if ye love me, keep my commandments. So, the way is clear. I´ve done it, and I can promise you A) heavenly help with your sincere efforts as you strive to develop each attribute, and B) a marked improvement in your life, but most importantly of all (and this is what brings you happiness) you´ll see a marked improvement in others lives.

Yeah, I said that. I love being a missionary.

  





















0 comments:

Post a Comment

Introducing Elder Meads'

Introducing Elder Meads'

Beide de boeken preken van Jezus Christus:

Beide de boeken preken van Jezus Christus:

Proverbs 3:5-6

Proverbs 3:5-6

L.D.S. Den Haag Temple

L.D.S. Den Haag Temple

Mission Maps

Mission Maps

Elder Meads has been serving now for:

Elder Meads Serves till: