Welcome Friends & Family!

Thanks for your love and support! If you'd like to email or send anything to Elder Meads, please do! His email address is: connor.meads@myldsmail.net & His mailing address is: Elder Connor Meads; c/o Belgium/Netherlands Mission; Schuttersveld 2; 2316 ZA Leiden; Netherlands

Follow this blog by e-mail:

Area Transfers & Companions

05/27/15 L.D.S. Mission Training Center in Provo, Utah = Elder Taylor D´agostin - Chicago, IL

07/?/15 Washington Federal Way Mission Maple Valley, WA = Elder Parker Moses - ? & Elder Samulson - ?

07/?/15 Maple Valley, WA = Elder Cameron Sumsion - Provo UT

Belgium/Netherlands Mission in Assen, Netherlands = Elder Henri Torniainen - Finland

Assen, Netherlands = Elder Chester William Harp - Idaho

Rotterdam, Netherlands = Elder Zachary Johnson - SLC, UT

Rotterdam, Netherlands = Elder Antonius Tolman - Maryland

Vlissingen, Netherlands = Elder Zachary Vanfleet - Payson, UT

TOP 10 Most Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews

Warning: possible cookies

I am required to warn visitors that cookies MAY be found on this blog. I'm unaware of how to set those up here, but that doesn't seem to matter. If you do find a cookie here, please let me know. Thanks! Elder Meads' Mother
Monday, February 8, 2016

Week 037/102: maandag 8 februari email van Elder Meads

Hoi Everyone!

There are 10 missionaries here in Rotterdam with only 2 wards I believe, not sure where the boundaries are. I work with the members of Rotterdam 1st Ward. Once the weather gets a little better, I´m going to pick up running again because in every ward/branch there´s a runner and they always know where the 5km loop is with water fountains along the path and etc. Finally, I can start to get some times and distances for some actual trackable results. I think my new companion won’t mind running for our exercise. Elder Tolman is ripped, so he must have worked out a ton – which is why I know he doesn’t hate exercising and hope that he may like running. Gyms are banned for us missionaries, so we are left to our own devices to figure out how to keep fit.

We are really pouring ourselves into missionary work, so we keep ourselves in the now and right now of what we can be doing to proselytize and serve others. We may not talk and connect much, but we work REALLY hard. To give you a point of reference, the standard is that we´re supposed to ´actively proselytize´ for 23 hours per week, so my companion and I decided to set our goal at 40 hours for this past week. We were planning on working close to twice as much essentially, and I´m happy to say that we got that 40 hour goal. We even put in 42.75 hours total. The main theme for this upcoming week will also definitely be hard work. I filled up an entire potential page full of phone numbers and address´ so we can have a busy next week, looking each of them up! Sandy is the coolest one of them all. She’s a cute Japanese student studying to become a doctor, and she´s 2 years into it. Hopefully she progresses.

Elder Tolman and I want to double the amount of work we´re supposed to do next week as well because the positive side is that if companions do get 40 hours in a week, then you’re both taken out to dinner by the Mission President and his wife. We´re shooting for that this coming week since we both want to talk to the M.P. - me about my M.T.C. companion, and Elder Tolman for his own reasons. So, I´m pumped for that. As a companionship, we´ll get there I´m sure. Anyway, hopefully we can keep up this amount of work in our area for the rest of our time here, and hopefully with all of our efforts we will find some success.

Another cool thing this week happened while I was on exchanges with Elder Sosa, my DL. We had an appointment with a guy who was less active, but one day decided that he wasn´t going to be less active anymore, so he came to church. Turns out he´s pretty chill, and is going to teach us kick boxing. Our lessons will start not this one, but the following Wednesday. I´m excited to get pounded all in the name of helping to re-activate this guy :) My scripture study is going well too. I´ve come to very much enjoy it in the mornings. Yeah, I surprise myself too, but I feel like I´m learning life at an accelerated pace right now. Missions are a lot of work, but the benefits make it worth it. K - love you guys and send me some emails. Dooi dooi

-Elder Meads


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Introducing Elder Meads'

Introducing Elder Meads'

Beide de boeken preken van Jezus Christus:

Beide de boeken preken van Jezus Christus:

Proverbs 3:5-6

Proverbs 3:5-6

L.D.S. Den Haag Temple

L.D.S. Den Haag Temple

Mission Maps

Mission Maps

Elder Meads has been serving now for:

Elder Meads Serves till: