Welcome Friends & Family!

Thanks for your love and support! If you'd like to email or send anything to Elder Meads, please do! His email address is: connor.meads@myldsmail.net & His mailing address is: Elder Connor Meads; c/o Belgium/Netherlands Mission; Schuttersveld 2; 2316 ZA Leiden; Netherlands

Follow this blog by e-mail:

Area Transfers & Companions

05/27/15 L.D.S. Mission Training Center in Provo, Utah = Elder Taylor D´agostin - Chicago, IL

07/?/15 Washington Federal Way Mission Maple Valley, WA = Elder Parker Moses - ? & Elder Samulson - ?

07/?/15 Maple Valley, WA = Elder Cameron Sumsion - Provo UT

Belgium/Netherlands Mission in Assen, Netherlands = Elder Henri Torniainen - Finland

Assen, Netherlands = Elder Chester William Harp - Idaho

Rotterdam, Netherlands = Elder Zachary Johnson - SLC, UT

Rotterdam, Netherlands = Elder Antonius Tolman - Maryland

Vlissingen, Netherlands = Elder Zachary Vanfleet - Payson, UT

TOP 10 Most Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews

Warning: possible cookies

I am required to warn visitors that cookies MAY be found on this blog. I'm unaware of how to set those up here, but that doesn't seem to matter. If you do find a cookie here, please let me know. Thanks! Elder Meads' Mother
Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Week 033/102: maandag 11 januari email van Elder Meads

Hello everyone,

The Book of Mormon is true.  I could go into a lot of detail about how I know that, but all of my thoughts and reasons are recorded in my gospel study journal.  Meticulously. So,  you'll all need to wait 
until 2017.  There will be more things for you to read then than you are able to.


There's a lot more ward members here compared to Assen, and everyone loves having missionaries.  It was crazy when I got here.  They're all really nice, but I feel I haven't connected with a lot of them like I wanted to.  Some I have connected very well with, but others, I just haven't -which I will try and fix.  This ward's like back home.  There's just so many people around during church that you can't possibly build strong relationships with everyone.  Still, I have built several relationships over here that I never want to die.  Missions are incredible for just that reason alone.

Johnson and I get along very well.  He says I´m his best friend all the time, so I'll take that as a good sign. He will be coming to our house in twoish years to watch several movies on our beast theatre system, and play some games with us. His Dad is what President Monson used to be which is the head printer for Deseret Industries. Friends in high places, you know what I´m saying? Maybe one day I´ll meet the prophet because of this connection.  JK xD   My heath is very good, and the members are feeding us well.  That and you can bank on the fact if you get an investigator from South America, you're getting fed a lot.  A lot, a lot.

Yea, it´s a big possibility that Johnson´ll get transferred out next transfer, which it'll be sad to lose him as my comp and all, but I feel confident that I can get around and work effectively.  I've pretty much gotten to know which trams and trains and buses take you where now, and can find my way back to our apartment, the church, some investigators' houses, and a few other need-to-know places here in Rotterdam.  You start to notice which people frequently use each tram or train, etc. at the same times each day. There's this sharp dressing older man who we see everyday at 8:30 p.m. on our way home. 

I´m trying to upload pictures, but it´s been stuck on the same stupid picture for like 30 mintutes now. I suspect it´s not working. I will get them to you as soon as is humanly possible. I think the internet here is being spotty :/
I just got done with a fantastic week. This last week has been a pleasure to go through. For Zone P-day last Monday we went to an ice skating rink and spent like 2 or so hours just skating. It was really relaxing and I got to joke around with a lot of other missionaries and did not need to worry about anything. Very very nice! 

Wednesday was the best day, and I´ll explain why with a small story: It was good for many reasons, but the most stand outish event came after lunch. We were off to do a look up (as usual), and we were to look up a porteguse woman who always feeds the Elders a LOT of food, so of course she was one of the top priorites. We got to her street and found her very nice apartment building, and rang her up twice with no answer. Suddenly, the door opens. A dog leaps out of the door, and following it, comes a very red faced man. He does the classic two inch stare at my name tag, and proclaims that he once knew Elders and had all the lessons even going so far as to read our book a little. So we got excited, and started talking to him a bit more. He led us up to his apartment, and once up, he said we could eat his fruit for vitamins.

Come to find out, he´s an old sailor, and gets drunk every day at 3pm like clock work. So we told him that we´d come back next week on Tuesday early afternoon and give him more of an explanation of the book and see where he was and such.
Anyway, I need to go. Until next week, email me some of your stories. Tot later.  -Elder Meads


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Introducing Elder Meads'

Introducing Elder Meads'

Beide de boeken preken van Jezus Christus:

Beide de boeken preken van Jezus Christus:

Proverbs 3:5-6

Proverbs 3:5-6

L.D.S. Den Haag Temple

L.D.S. Den Haag Temple

Mission Maps

Mission Maps

Elder Meads has been serving now for:

Elder Meads Serves till: