Welcome Friends & Family!

Thanks for your love and support! If you'd like to email or send anything to Elder Meads, please do! His email address is: connor.meads@myldsmail.net & His mailing address is: Elder Connor Meads; c/o Belgium/Netherlands Mission; Schuttersveld 2; 2316 ZA Leiden; Netherlands

Follow this blog by e-mail:

Area Transfers & Companions

05/27/15 L.D.S. Mission Training Center in Provo, Utah = Elder Taylor D´agostin - Chicago, IL

07/?/15 Washington Federal Way Mission Maple Valley, WA = Elder Parker Moses - ? & Elder Samulson - ?

07/?/15 Maple Valley, WA = Elder Cameron Sumsion - Provo UT

Belgium/Netherlands Mission in Assen, Netherlands = Elder Henri Torniainen - Finland

Assen, Netherlands = Elder Chester William Harp - Idaho

Rotterdam, Netherlands = Elder Zachary Johnson - SLC, UT

Rotterdam, Netherlands = Elder Antonius Tolman - Maryland

Vlissingen, Netherlands = Elder Zachary Vanfleet - Payson, UT

TOP 10 Most Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews

Warning: possible cookies

I am required to warn visitors that cookies MAY be found on this blog. I'm unaware of how to set those up here, but that doesn't seem to matter. If you do find a cookie here, please let me know. Thanks! Elder Meads' Mother
Monday, December 14, 2015

Week 029/102: maandag 14 december email van Elder Meads

Hello everyone,

200 days already? Crazy! I can't have been out here that long! My health is good, but I have more to email about than my health.

Well the biggest news this week is that I'm leaving Assen and Elder Harp and packing my bags for a journey southwest. This week is transfer week, so I was told I'll be transferred out of my baby city of Assen into Rotterdam North to work with an Elder Johnson. I'm pretty pumped since Assen, while cool, is small and I've seen absolutely everything there is to see there. Yeah, I'm pretty excited.   Hate leaving the investigators there, but what can I do?

Rotterdam was bombed in WWII, and almost all of it was completely destroyed so it's been rebuilt almost entirely with modern looking skyscrapers and stuff. I've heard it's pretty ghetto, and other Elders tell me to play the game "Spot the White Person", so we'll see how that goes. Rotterdam is known for exploding on New Year’s with fireworks, and everyone tells me that the 4th of July has nothing on them. We're required to be in at 4 PM and not leave, as there's riots and crap happening outside. I'm thinking of the flash riot scene in the movie Hot Rod. Windows may be broken, cars may spontaneously start burning, and people may make out. Odd crap happens. :D  As far as my companion goes, 
I don’t know anything except he's been out there I think 2 transfers going on his 3rd, and I'm officially Mr. Old as far as this companionship goes.  

Other interesting things that've happened this week: First, the fact that it was my last week in Assen had all the members here throwing me a swell goodbye - which was nice. Let me indulge you on a good story: There's a kid in our branch called Friso. He's the son of Broeder De Jonge who is our mission leader in the branch. Now if I was to describe Friso using very little words, I would say "Crazy over Nerf" so Elder Harp went out and purchased a Nerf shotgun so we could ambush him. After arranging with De Jonge to sneak in through the back way, we found Friso talking to their cat. Then we unloaded into the fleeing and yelping 9 year old. He got his arsenal of nerf guns and it was on. We battled for a good 15 minutes, until their other son, a supposed "neutral" guy, stole the small pistol I was using, and turned on Harp and I. Harp was able to hold them off for a little bit, but myself, now gunless, was hit pretty hard. Eventually I was equipped with one of Friso's sniper rifles, and things started balancing out again. We had to fight for every inch we took, and I knew this wasn't gonna end anytime soon, so with no small amount of persuasion I convinced their daughter, Vitica to turn on her own brothers and join our cause of righteousness. Now we started making some serious progress against them, and trapped them in their slaapkamer (bedroom). We had them pinned down there, until eventually Broeder and Zuster De Jonge called it, so we all retired to eat some dinner :D Very fun evening! Other things this week included doing service in some warehouse as an entire zone. It was cool at first, but then got boring. Oh well. It jacked our service hours up like crazy.

Okay, I'm calling it. Time’s up. We had the DL sleep over at our place last night and they were out really late, and we couldn't leave with them there, so we didn't get out until later, which means we only get an hour each, and my hour’s up. Sorry for the lack of emails this week, but I think about you guys all the time. Make some videos. Take some pictures, etc. Email me.  Send me a letter if you're feeling crazy, but only to the Mission office.  I've no idea what my new address is. Remember I’m no longer in Assen, so don't send anything to that apartment address. K. cya! -Elder Meads


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Introducing Elder Meads'

Introducing Elder Meads'

Beide de boeken preken van Jezus Christus:

Beide de boeken preken van Jezus Christus:

Proverbs 3:5-6

Proverbs 3:5-6

L.D.S. Den Haag Temple

L.D.S. Den Haag Temple

Mission Maps

Mission Maps

Elder Meads has been serving now for:

Elder Meads Serves till: