Welcome Friends & Family!

Thanks for your love and support! If you'd like to email or send anything to Elder Meads, please do! His email address is: connor.meads@myldsmail.net & His mailing address is: Elder Connor Meads; c/o Belgium/Netherlands Mission; Schuttersveld 2; 2316 ZA Leiden; Netherlands

Follow this blog by e-mail:

Area Transfers & Companions

05/27/15 L.D.S. Mission Training Center in Provo, Utah = Elder Taylor D´agostin - Chicago, IL

07/?/15 Washington Federal Way Mission Maple Valley, WA = Elder Parker Moses - ? & Elder Samulson - ?

07/?/15 Maple Valley, WA = Elder Cameron Sumsion - Provo UT

Belgium/Netherlands Mission in Assen, Netherlands = Elder Henri Torniainen - Finland

Assen, Netherlands = Elder Chester William Harp - Idaho

Rotterdam, Netherlands = Elder Zachary Johnson - SLC, UT

Rotterdam, Netherlands = Elder Antonius Tolman - Maryland

Vlissingen, Netherlands = Elder Zachary Vanfleet - Payson, UT

TOP 10 Most Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews

Warning: possible cookies

I am required to warn visitors that cookies MAY be found on this blog. I'm unaware of how to set those up here, but that doesn't seem to matter. If you do find a cookie here, please let me know. Thanks! Elder Meads' Mother
Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Week 021/ 102: maandag 19 october e-mail van Elder Meads

Hoi Alles!

So this week we had a temple conference and that was pretty good, as we went to the temple in Den Haag. This was my 2nd time. It was pretty cool the 2nd time too. I understood the Dutch better, but we couldn't spend as much time in the Celestial Room because there were so many missionaries there. Oh well ya take what you can get. We then attended a conference where they told us ideas on how to work harder and such. I got your Halloween themed package there. We now have the cute witch and pumpkin man and mummy guy hanging up. I like it a lot. That and I like my new blood pen which I showed my president and he got a big kick out of it. While at the conference, we had to get vaccinated for the flu. I was excited to say the least. This was my moment to shine since President had previously said that I could give them, but according to the laws I can't since my license isn't valid here - no surprises there. So I just got my shot like everybody else. It was whatever since I'm so used to shots from being a medical assistant. Then we went back to our assigned cities. The flu shot made me a little sick for like 1 day, and now I'm fine. Today we're going to Groninger to eat some sushi for a late birthday dinner for both Elder D'agostin and myself. It'll be nice and lekker.

Klaas and Sanaya are both slowly turning into the 'when will you be baptized' type of investigators. They both have no understanding of who God even is, so we have a lot of work to do. The last lesson was all about “What is God/what does he do?/Why is he important? etc.” It went well, as far as intro type lessons go. We're actually going by tonight on our p-day to teach the Plan of Salvation. I hope that one builds some faith. We just need them to come to Church since they have many friends who go to our church. They've pretty much accepted God as Truth, and want to hear more. That reminds me, there’s a couple who live in Payson who called in to speak Dutch while I was at the MTC. They’re an old couple who come from Nederland, but I can't remember their names. Rats! I wrote them down, maybe I can find them and you could look them up. They speak pretty hard Nederangles though which is a mix between Dutch and English. You could maybe understand them Mom. Share a spiritual message or whatever. It's fun. I'll have the address by next Pday. I’ll also have the addresses of the ward members you asked for too. They were great to throw me that surprise party. Oh, we also had a lesson with a guy who sat ouside a bar who was really open and I bore testimony and there was power behind it. He accepted the book of mormon, but not anymore lessons. (Don't worry, we had water ;P)

I've told you all my funny language barrier stories, but I have a Dutch culture one. So their manners at the dinner table are very refined and strict. You can't ever serve yourself, you have to serve up another person, you obviously can't have your mouth full when you talk, or elbows on the table. Also, you can't start eating until the head of the household says "Eet Smakelijk", and also you have to do something special with your utensils when your finished eating, indicating wither you want more food or if you're full. It's all very nice. (And btw, I've been complimented on my manners, so there you go. No stories like "Oh well at least his mother tried." Nope, they think you raised a fine gent.)

I would like to receive more letters about all that’s happening at home, of you guys doing stuff, etc. Also photos. Okay, I'm done for the week, thanks for your emails! Talk to you guys later! next week!

-Elder Meads




“Zuzter Rameriez and myself”
 
“Harri!  A senior missionary”
Birthday Gift Baking
                                       “I find the familiar brand sayings in dutch funny”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Introducing Elder Meads'

Introducing Elder Meads'

Beide de boeken preken van Jezus Christus:

Beide de boeken preken van Jezus Christus:

Proverbs 3:5-6

Proverbs 3:5-6

L.D.S. Den Haag Temple

L.D.S. Den Haag Temple

Mission Maps

Mission Maps

Elder Meads has been serving now for:

Elder Meads Serves till: