Welcome Friends & Family!

Thanks for your love and support! If you'd like to email or send anything to Elder Meads, please do! His email address is: connor.meads@myldsmail.net & His mailing address is: Elder Connor Meads; c/o Belgium/Netherlands Mission; Schuttersveld 2; 2316 ZA Leiden; Netherlands

Follow this blog by e-mail:

Area Transfers & Companions

05/27/15 L.D.S. Mission Training Center in Provo, Utah = Elder Taylor D´agostin - Chicago, IL

07/?/15 Washington Federal Way Mission Maple Valley, WA = Elder Parker Moses - ? & Elder Samulson - ?

07/?/15 Maple Valley, WA = Elder Cameron Sumsion - Provo UT

Belgium/Netherlands Mission in Assen, Netherlands = Elder Henri Torniainen - Finland

Assen, Netherlands = Elder Chester William Harp - Idaho

Rotterdam, Netherlands = Elder Zachary Johnson - SLC, UT

Rotterdam, Netherlands = Elder Antonius Tolman - Maryland

Vlissingen, Netherlands = Elder Zachary Vanfleet - Payson, UT

TOP 10 Most Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews

Warning: possible cookies

I am required to warn visitors that cookies MAY be found on this blog. I'm unaware of how to set those up here, but that doesn't seem to matter. If you do find a cookie here, please let me know. Thanks! Elder Meads' Mother
Sunday, September 20, 2015

Week 017/ 102: maandag 21 september e-mail van Elder Meads

There was not an email for everyone this week, so here are a few things Elder Meads wrote his mother about:
I'm sick at the moment, nothing too bad. I don't think I need a lot of meds, but a small bottle of Asprin would be nice just in case I get a crazy nasty headache. Right now I just have a runny nose and a sore throat, but I can still doing everything missionary life demands, so no worries there. I've enjoyed just being with other missionaries on exchanges or things of that nature. We're all a band of brothers here which is not the feeling I got when I was in Washington. We're all out doing work, and then when the day is through we can all spare a bit of time laughing at how hard the work is and lie down knowing there's several other 150 or so missionaries doing the same thing in our mission after a hard day.  Not sure the shock of seeing all of advertisements' the half naked people will go away soon. There's not a whole ton of morals upheld here lol.
The Lord's work is pretty slow.  We actually got a good investigator which is a good story - So it was our first Sunday in Assen and we were on a bus, not quite sure if we had gotten on the right one. Well we figured that out when it left the borders of the map, so I asked this girl sitting next to us where the heck we were. She said that she lived close by, and was getting off at the next stop, so we could just go and look up how to get to our appointment on the 9292.nlwebsite. We went in, they were very kind to us by trying to give us bread and all other sorts of food, but we declined. 
 Well, two weeks later, we run into her in the train station by pure happenstance and that was pretty cool, and we set up an appointment for the following Saturday. That Saturday we went in, and were ready to teach a lesson, but the whole family except her had to leave, so we had to get out as well since we can't be alone with an attractive 18 year old girl in a house, so we had to leave and not teach. Well we then decided we needed to get her on our turf so her family can't just leave and ruin our appointment. So we invited her to the singing devotional thingy, and she agreed to come. It was kind of unexpected that she did come since she's a very busy student and we had invited her the night before the musical. But sure enough, she came to it, we had a good time on a public train (not apostate) and she said she'd felt the spirit at the concert. I hope now we can finally teach that lesson soon, but all is in the Lord's time I guess.
 Broeder De Yonge is coming to Utah to go to conference. I told him to call you guys, maybe even hang out. So if he does, invite him over for Pizza or something. He's fed me so many times that I wish I could buy two jack's pizza for him lol. He leaves this coming Friday.
 Well I took a picture at the TT motorcross station in Assen, but that was only because we had missionary business to do there. P-day's are just always packed to the gills with things like shopping and other things like that.
Actually, the super markets don't differ too much. Just imagine stokes, except you have to put a euro into your cart and when you're done using it, you get your euro back. Shopping markets are the same as well, only everything is written in Dutch and the price tags are in Euros.  I intend to purchase one normal sized pair of Dutch clogs for me maybe for Christmas. As far as sending me anything for Christmas, I now want to learn to play the piano and organ. Please send whatever piano learning books and an organ learning books you can find. I want to get good at those over the next two years.
Thanks mom for your letters and prayers! I miss you guys a lot too and there are definitely times I wish you could all be here to see and experience this with me, but I'm safe and working hard.  All is good.
I don't have tons of time to email today because I have a lot to do this P-day on the computer. SO this week: I had a super fast week this week, by Saturday, I was thinking it was more like Tuesday or so. Really, it makes me appreciate how much time I have here. Time goes by really quickly here. 
 We had our District Meeting and it was led by Elder Morrell/Morrill, one of those two spellings, anyway he was amazing!  Zone conference hasn't happened yet, that's this coming week. We forgot our food this last Tuesday at district meeting, so we've been surviving on whatever we can scrape out of our kitchen. 
 Something else funny to mention this week is that I did service of cutting wood. When I got home from the service (about 45 minutes of traveling home) I took my shower and had my garments on my bed.  When I picked my garment top back up, an enormous spider fell out. That was a little disconcerting. So we put it in a jar to gawk at. Then later the next day we found the mother of that spider. Seriously one of the biggest spiders I"ve ever seen in all my life. It was yellow, black and white striped everywhere even on its legs, and just enormous. We caught that in a jar and put the two together. Then we put leaves and sticks so they'd have stuff to climb on, and then put misc. bugs that we found through the week in there also to watch them eat them. They ate the bugs and it was really cool to see, but the biggest monstrosity spider wasn't doing anything, so last night we froze them both because they were being so boring and not eating each other. 
Well, other than me being a boy in my heart still, the work is going great. We had the cool investigator I mentioned earlier in this email. I hope we can generate more interest. The last thing I'm gonna talk about is we did service for this one guy who retired at 35 early and now just collects and restores priceless items. I sat in a Model A car. A Model A!! As in the 3rd car to ever be massed produced. That's incredible. It was fully restored and beautiful. I also read through one of the first French translated Bibels ever printed. He also had a 1920's radio that still worked, and I mean everything in his house was beautiful and extremely valauable. 
 Gosh dang it. I can't believe I only have a little bit under 15 more minutes of left. I've used an hour of my time already. Why is time so fast??!! Okay I love you Mom, I'm uploading a few photos onto dropbox for you guys. Sorry, no E.E. this week. My time is drained.  T.T -Elder Meads





















0 comments:

Post a Comment

Introducing Elder Meads'

Introducing Elder Meads'

Beide de boeken preken van Jezus Christus:

Beide de boeken preken van Jezus Christus:

Proverbs 3:5-6

Proverbs 3:5-6

L.D.S. Den Haag Temple

L.D.S. Den Haag Temple

Mission Maps

Mission Maps

Elder Meads has been serving now for:

Elder Meads Serves till: