Welcome Friends & Family!

Thanks for your love and support! If you'd like to email or send anything to Elder Meads, please do! His email address is: connor.meads@myldsmail.net & His mailing address is: Elder Connor Meads; c/o Belgium/Netherlands Mission; Schuttersveld 2; 2316 ZA Leiden; Netherlands

Follow this blog by e-mail:

Area Transfers & Companions

05/27/15 L.D.S. Mission Training Center in Provo, Utah = Elder Taylor D´agostin - Chicago, IL

07/?/15 Washington Federal Way Mission Maple Valley, WA = Elder Parker Moses - ? & Elder Samulson - ?

07/?/15 Maple Valley, WA = Elder Cameron Sumsion - Provo UT

Belgium/Netherlands Mission in Assen, Netherlands = Elder Henri Torniainen - Finland

Assen, Netherlands = Elder Chester William Harp - Idaho

Rotterdam, Netherlands = Elder Zachary Johnson - SLC, UT

Rotterdam, Netherlands = Elder Antonius Tolman - Maryland

Vlissingen, Netherlands = Elder Zachary Vanfleet - Payson, UT

TOP 10 Most Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews

Warning: possible cookies

I am required to warn visitors that cookies MAY be found on this blog. I'm unaware of how to set those up here, but that doesn't seem to matter. If you do find a cookie here, please let me know. Thanks! Elder Meads' Mother
Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Week 010/102: 3 augustus e-mail van Elder Meads

Hello Everyone,
Another week in Washington down. This week has been really fast Mon-Wed, but super slow Thurs-Sun. We talked to a lot of unprepared people this week, that's for sure, but it's okay. The brutal rejection is actually not the worst thing in the world. It's the person that is super nice but not interested, so you end up talking to them for 15 minutes or so about God, but then they say no. Kind of an interesting perspective.

I have found that as the summer is cooling off, Washington has a mega ton of bunnies, squirrels, and chipmunks all running around, and they're very bold. I had one run up in front of me while biking and just sit on the trail. It was pretty interesting to see just how stupid they are. I also see a lot more people outside because the weather is cooling off, so I get to contact more which is cool. A lot of people offer me weed everyday, which I have never understood because weed has got to cost them quite a bit of money, and they just very openly offer it to me. People also yell out of their car windows at us. When someone yells out their window to me, it's one of two things: 1) it's an adoring member wishing us luck, or 2) it's some guy yelling the worst profanities you can imagine. It's not really offensive or hard to listen to these things. It just makes me wonder what makes them go out of their way to yell these things? Kind of weird. Maybe it's just a Washington thing.

I had some killer service this week! We split logs for some guy, and I found that I REALLY love splitting logs. It's like all the frustration I've ever had since the 1st grade just flows out of me into the logs. I split log after log in one swipe and it felt so incredible. However, I threw my back out pretty badly, and that didn't feel incredible. Still, I'm young, so all I needed to do was sleep once and it was all better.

Another bit of good service I did was I ripped a stump out of the ground. It's not as immediately gratifying as the log splitting was, but man was it a rush of satisfaction! Once the stump was ripped out with leverage from a 2x4 and a log, then we got to go into his house and rip up his carpet for dessert. He is remodeling. I do love me some demolition. I suppose that ripping a guy's carpet up falls into that category because I exposed his floor boards so fast he didn't have a chance to get the furniture off.

Okay, sorry this week isn't super eventful, I'll try to have more to share with you guys next week. Alright, thanks for listening and reading! Write me if you can, email me if you can't. There's no news on my VISA yet, but I feel pretty confident it will clear this week or next.

-Elder Meads
 Elders Sumsion & Meads in between Sister  & Elder Young who are serving as 
the Washington Federal Way Mission Office's missionary apartment coordinators.
 A view from the apartment
Blisters from working hard

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Introducing Elder Meads'

Introducing Elder Meads'

Beide de boeken preken van Jezus Christus:

Beide de boeken preken van Jezus Christus:

Proverbs 3:5-6

Proverbs 3:5-6

L.D.S. Den Haag Temple

L.D.S. Den Haag Temple

Mission Maps

Mission Maps

Elder Meads has been serving now for:

Elder Meads Serves till: