Welcome Friends & Family!

Thanks for your love and support! If you'd like to email or send anything to Elder Meads, please do! His email address is: connor.meads@myldsmail.net & His mailing address is: Elder Connor Meads; c/o Belgium/Netherlands Mission; Schuttersveld 2; 2316 ZA Leiden; Netherlands

Follow this blog by e-mail:

Area Transfers & Companions

05/27/15 L.D.S. Mission Training Center in Provo, Utah = Elder Taylor D´agostin - Chicago, IL

07/?/15 Washington Federal Way Mission Maple Valley, WA = Elder Parker Moses - ? & Elder Samulson - ?

07/?/15 Maple Valley, WA = Elder Cameron Sumsion - Provo UT

Belgium/Netherlands Mission in Assen, Netherlands = Elder Henri Torniainen - Finland

Assen, Netherlands = Elder Chester William Harp - Idaho

Rotterdam, Netherlands = Elder Zachary Johnson - SLC, UT

Rotterdam, Netherlands = Elder Antonius Tolman - Maryland

Vlissingen, Netherlands = Elder Zachary Vanfleet - Payson, UT

TOP 10 Most Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews

Warning: possible cookies

I am required to warn visitors that cookies MAY be found on this blog. I'm unaware of how to set those up here, but that doesn't seem to matter. If you do find a cookie here, please let me know. Thanks! Elder Meads' Mother
Friday, July 3, 2015

M.T.C. Weeks 3 - 5 : Elder Meads' Email + 2 Random Photos

06/17/15 10:27 A.M. = Week 3 Hello Everyone, The weeks are really blurring together, I honestly cannot remember what happened this last week, I had to look at my journal to check. The biggest thing that happened was we had this thing called TRC where they bring in members or non-members that speak your language and you can teach them a discussion and such in your language. It was very cool because this wasn't just my teacher role playing as an investigator or anything, it was a real native speaker. My Dutch was a little off, but all was good. I was able to get my lesson and point across even though I sounded like a guy with a concussion. I talked about the light of Christ and how through his light we can see through the darkness in the world. I thought it was a pretty good lesson. Another note-worthy thing this week is that the food here is nowhere near as great as home. I get a wrap every day for lunch with a banana and a tall glass of chocolate milk. If you eat the banana and chew it up, then take a swig of chocolate milk, it tastes like a delicious smoothy :D The fish here is pretty sketchy, but I love fish, so I eat it anyway. No diarrhea yet to note, but I'm watching for it. Pleh! We had two devotionals this week, I can't remember who spoke or what they spoke about since I was sound asleep in each of them. Don't worry Mom, God was quick to punish as one of the Elders in my district kept putting wadded paper and gum wrappers in my hair and such. He must've been very skilled because I found a gum wrapper when I was changing that night. I study for many hours a day, and my Dutch is really coming along. We're always learning new vocab, but this last week we talked about past tense and many other things I don't really remember. I'm sure once I get over there, I'll learn really quickly. I want to chat with real Dutchmen and such. I can't wait to actually get out in the field, instead of being in the MTC. The days here are all becoming the same. Alright, I'll talk with you all later. Email me as much as you want, and write letters as much as you can. The days are much better when I get snail mail. Alright, I'll chat with you next week or for a bit as I'm emailing, but you'll have to be fast. Cya! -Elder Meads
06/24/15 10:27 A.M. = Week 4 Hooi everyone, I’ll send this camera back today, and Mom, you send the new one to me ASAP, please. I only have until Friday to get mail, because Saturday is a holiday, Sunday is Sunday, and Monday we leave at 6am or some early hour. It'd be sweet to have a camera that connects to WiFi, and my camera now has gotten the nick name "Meads Proof" instead of adventure proof. I used my selfie stick last night, and it’s good that it screws in. As far as Dutch goes this week, I've made leaps and bounds in grammar. I learned separable verbs, past tense, conjugations, and positional and directional vocabulary. I can speak a lot better now. All I need to do is to increase my actual vocabulary knowledge. I'm kind of lacking in that. How’s your Dutch mom? I don't know how to teach you over only a few minutes every week or in letters, but I'll send my notes once I'm done with them. My teacher, Sister Heilner, who was the gorgeous beautiful investigator I had at the beginning; is getting married this Saturday, so she's finished teaching this Thursday. Hey, I hope to hear from you in the next few minutes, Mom. I'm allowed 10 minutes extra to update you on my flight plans since i got my super official "you're going to Washington" paper. Some changes are that my companion’s VISA cleared, so he's not going to Reno anymore. He’s flying out to Amsterdam. I actually leave the MTC by 6:05am on July 7th – 1 day after everyone else leaves. : / Oh well, lonely day, but there's another elder who's leaving on Wednesday, so that's Tuesday’s good enough. My flight leaves S.L.C. at 11:01am and arrives in Washington at 12:05pm obviously on the same day. You guys lucked out, I get to call you at the Salt Lake Airport, the Seattle airport once I leave, then I get a layover in Atlanta, so I'll call you then. idk if I can call you in the Belgium/Netherlands Amsterdam airport, but all is good. So have your phones on early in the morning and be awake. I'm riding economy which is to be expected. So ya, there's my update. I'll send more photos to you Mom, I'll go on a crazy photo spree and take pictures of every part of the MTC, my classroom, my bedroom, some little bird chicks and such. Anyway, there's my update. Email within in the next 30 min and we'll have a chat. Love you. -Elder Meads
07/01/15 11:05 A.M. = Week 5 Hooi everyone, The keyboard Im on right now bites. The "y" and the “ ' ” doenst work to well, but I will bear through it. Big things happened this week, I visited my new mission president, more on that later, my companion had to go to the doctors a few times, and my branch president, president Seamons, made us stop trading ties. I'll begin with my mission president, so turns out he is a PA and I gave a shot for him at one point. I thought he looked familiar, but I couldnt pin it. So anyway, I made the mistake of saying "Hoe haat het met jouw?" Which, I found out, is very disrespectful to say to someone who is your elder. It was all good though since we weren't actually in the field yet and it was just a mistake I made with the language which was immediately responded to with laughter. That was his first impression of myself, but it's all good. So when I got up to introduce myself I can't remember what I said but I had everyone rolling on the floor by the time I was done. Dont worry though, he was laughing pretty hard along with everyone else. I swear all I said was "Im Elder Meads" and I had everyone in tears from there. While he was giving his "lets do good missionary work" speech, he said "we're going to have glorious moments, hard moments, (and then he points to me) and tragic moments." That made everyone laugh again. So that was that. Next thing that happened this week that I forgot to mention in my opening paragraph is that the prophet and some apostles were here at the MTC to set apart my mission president along with some others. No I didn't see anyone, but some guys in my zone will swear up and down they saw Elder Bednar. Because of this, they decided the best place to post up was our cafeteria, heaven knows why, so we ended up eating in the gym, which means we have no gym anymore until they all clear out. It's not all bad though. We had Chick-fil-a and some other places cater for us. Pretty good food. We had no exercise and good food, and somehow I lost 4 pounds. :D My companion is a professional power lifter, and he said he had some problems with his arm before, but it was cleared before he came. As we were playing Volley Ball, he went to hit it and I guess he triggered something, because we had to go to the Doc's and cut gym early. It's all okay though because he made the point. The doc couldn't figure it out so we went to get X-rays which means we got to leave the MTC campus for like an hour!! It was so amazing. When Provo feels like the real world, you've been in the MTC for too long. The X-ray tech was really mean which was actually refreshing. I was starting to think everyone in the world was always happy as birds. But the X-ray came back negative, so the doc prescribed physical therapy. This is the best- for me, not for Elder D. Yesterday and tomorrow and Saturday I get to go with my companion to a physical therapy place. People are so ridiculously nice to Elders in Provo. This one chick stopped us and wanted to just talk forever and have us over and such. Hard to explain that we're in the MTC still. Physical therapy seems to work really well for my companion and the doctor is really cool. Mom don't freak out, lol. We had a tradition named Tie Draft where everyone takes a tie, ugly or pretty, and puts it on the pull up bar along with their name tag in a bin. Then the tie draft leader, usually Elder Presterra, pulls a name tag out of the bag, and that person gets to choose a tie. It gets really intense at the end -since there are some UGLY ones, or ones that you might get diseases from. Anyway, some old guy came over one night and said two words, "Quiet Dignity". So our branch president shut it down. We all thought this was really stupid since it's really fun. So I prepared a debate of sorts to present to President Seamons and hopefully get our precious tie draft back. Yes Presterra, I am a fruit for doing this. So I go into this interview and he just shuts me down and tells me that it's not important. That it shouldn't be important, and put all my tie draft energy into work for the Lord. I'm sorry Mom, but I went back and told everyone what happened and tension has been building for a few weeks with various Elders getting this 'I will not talk with you, just obey the lord' kind of speech. And we all got super mad, and began a legit underground tie draft. Another big thing in that happened this week, was I got my reassignment because my VISA didn't clear, big surprise. I'm going to the Federal Way Washington Mission until my VISA clears along with Elder Perry. Only 5/15 people in the two districts leaving actually got their VISA's. My comp is going to Reno, Nevada. Washington’ll be cool. The weather is a lot the same, but always raining and slightly cold. I can't wait honestly, it gives me a chance to see more of the world and to finally, FINALLY get out of the MTC. Alright, good week for me, tell me how your week went, or if youre lucky to get this within the next 45 minutes or so, we can have a little chat. I will take many photos once I get that new camera. I love you all tons and thanks so much for your sacrifices. I'm okay as far as the SD card goes, they sell them here at the MTC store, so don't worry about it. I'm gonna send back my camera today along with a letter. Hopefully I can figure out how to get the new camera’s Wi-Fi going and put the stuff into Dropbox so you can see every photo I take. Chat with you guys in Washington next week! Oh, and with the phone card at the SLC airport too. Cya! -Elder Meads

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Introducing Elder Meads'

Introducing Elder Meads'

Beide de boeken preken van Jezus Christus:

Beide de boeken preken van Jezus Christus:

Proverbs 3:5-6

Proverbs 3:5-6

L.D.S. Den Haag Temple

L.D.S. Den Haag Temple

Mission Maps

Mission Maps

Elder Meads has been serving now for:

Elder Meads Serves till: