Welcome Friends & Family!

Thanks for your love and support! If you'd like to email or send anything to Elder Meads, please do! His email address is: connor.meads@myldsmail.net & His mailing address is: Elder Connor Meads; c/o Belgium/Netherlands Mission; Schuttersveld 2; 2316 ZA Leiden; Netherlands

Follow this blog by e-mail:

Area Transfers & Companions

05/27/15 L.D.S. Mission Training Center in Provo, Utah = Elder Taylor D´agostin - Chicago, IL

07/?/15 Washington Federal Way Mission Maple Valley, WA = Elder Parker Moses - ? & Elder Samulson - ?

07/?/15 Maple Valley, WA = Elder Cameron Sumsion - Provo UT

Belgium/Netherlands Mission in Assen, Netherlands = Elder Henri Torniainen - Finland

Assen, Netherlands = Elder Chester William Harp - Idaho

Rotterdam, Netherlands = Elder Zachary Johnson - SLC, UT

Rotterdam, Netherlands = Elder Antonius Tolman - Maryland

Vlissingen, Netherlands = Elder Zachary Vanfleet - Payson, UT

TOP 10 Most Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews

Warning: possible cookies

I am required to warn visitors that cookies MAY be found on this blog. I'm unaware of how to set those up here, but that doesn't seem to matter. If you do find a cookie here, please let me know. Thanks! Elder Meads' Mother
Monday, July 13, 2015

Week 7: Elder Meads Email Home

Jul 13, 2015 3:41 – 4:38 pm  
Hoi, We can't write or send letters unless it's Monday, which defeats the purpose of writing letters all together since it's much faster to just email. However, I can read letters that arrive during the week, so send me all the letters you can!! Here's my address again: 23175 224th Place SE, Suite E; Maple Valley, WA 98038.  I've now had 1 week in Washington.  The state itself is really pretty, that's for sure. It's a lot of evergreen trees, but with the drought, all the grass is brown. The people here seem to all have tattoos of some sort - even members. Idk why. ; P lol. Also, we've been told to go to hell 7 times in the last week! :0 Well I got transferred out of my tri-companionship because some other Elder went home early, so they put me with his companion. The apartment I was originally in was a little small and just okay. The apartment I'm in now, oh boy is it nice! It has 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen, and a living room with kind of a dining room at one end. We use the 2nd bedroom for a study area. I get my own bathroom though! How cool is that?! We also have a washer and drier in our apartment. My current companion is Elder Sumsion, he comes from Provo Utah. He's a bit different, but we can make it work. It’s all good. Turns out, though, he doesn't like to run or work out like Elder D’Agostin and I would. I’d hoped he'd go running with me in the mornings, but I think I'll ask him to bike alongside me running or something like that. Hopefully, he’ll be willing. Elder Sumsion has a lot of book smarts about the BoM, Bible, and scriptures - to the point where if he were to bible bash, he’d win. lol. We mainly teach members, less actives, or recently converted people because we don't really have a whole ton of investigators, and the 2 investigators that we do have are Catholic and usually listen just because they think it's interesting and don't really have a desire to join. I've been in the MTC for the last 6 weeks, so it was very weird to come to church this Sunday since it was in a normal church building. I'm in the Glacier Park and Lake Wilderness wards. I get to sit through 2 Ward Council meetings - that means 8 hours of church on Sundays, lol. Sundays are really really nice though, because going to a normal ward seems like home. My Dutch is coming along okay, but I wish I could practice it more often. The M.P. gave me an extra hour of language study so I could practice, but it's not near enough of what I feel I need. I've taken to just speaking in Dutch around my companion and then translating what I say. It helps a little. I hope he’s good with that. It's interesting to get to speak in English about the gospel, we were having this in depth talk on the restoration with this investigator, and the spirit was there, and because I’ve been speaking nothing but Dutch for the whole of my mission, instead of saying "I’d like to share my testimony with you"; I said without even thinking, "I want to my testimony to you to bear" [Trained brain]. The investigator looked at me real weird, lol. I had to switch INTO English mode. Another thing is, whenever any of my companions say, "I want to share a big message with you" or something similar, when they say "big message" translated to Dutch that means a large bowel movement, so I always laugh at that, lol. No one here gets it. I have about 25 min left. Anyway, try and chat with me real quick, I actually get 2 hours for e-mailing out here, so a better chance to chat. Today we're running a bit late and they suggested 1 and a half hours, but I argued against it. We'll see how it turns out. Oh, we went to pizza for our first go out to eat kind of thing. It was delicious, but the biggest news on my eating is that the members that we do have out here, are all pretty much from Utah lol. This means that they feed us very consistently and very well. Last night I had steak, potatoes, roasted carrots, gravy, and lemonade. We have member meals booked pretty much every night except for monday nights, for weeks. Alright, I'll let you guys go, ttyl One sec, btw, I’ve used the selfie stick and I like it. I love you all, and I'll answer your questions after uploading some photos. All my photos are uploaded to dropbox :D Time is up, love you all! Thanks for everything you send. I love getting it all. I'll make a goal of 100 pictures a week for you Mom. Cya! -Elder Meads

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Introducing Elder Meads'

Introducing Elder Meads'

Beide de boeken preken van Jezus Christus:

Beide de boeken preken van Jezus Christus:

Proverbs 3:5-6

Proverbs 3:5-6

L.D.S. Den Haag Temple

L.D.S. Den Haag Temple

Mission Maps

Mission Maps

Elder Meads has been serving now for:

Elder Meads Serves till: