Welcome Friends & Family!

Thanks for your love and support! If you'd like to email or send anything to Elder Meads, please do! His email address is: connor.meads@myldsmail.net & His mailing address is: Elder Connor Meads; c/o Belgium/Netherlands Mission; Schuttersveld 2; 2316 ZA Leiden; Netherlands

Follow this blog by e-mail:

Area Transfers & Companions

05/27/15 L.D.S. Mission Training Center in Provo, Utah = Elder Taylor D´agostin - Chicago, IL

07/?/15 Washington Federal Way Mission Maple Valley, WA = Elder Parker Moses - ? & Elder Samulson - ?

07/?/15 Maple Valley, WA = Elder Cameron Sumsion - Provo UT

Belgium/Netherlands Mission in Assen, Netherlands = Elder Henri Torniainen - Finland

Assen, Netherlands = Elder Chester William Harp - Idaho

Rotterdam, Netherlands = Elder Zachary Johnson - SLC, UT

Rotterdam, Netherlands = Elder Antonius Tolman - Maryland

Vlissingen, Netherlands = Elder Zachary Vanfleet - Payson, UT

TOP 10 Most Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews

Warning: possible cookies

I am required to warn visitors that cookies MAY be found on this blog. I'm unaware of how to set those up here, but that doesn't seem to matter. If you do find a cookie here, please let me know. Thanks! Elder Meads' Mother
Thursday, July 9, 2015

Week 6 = 1st W.F.W.M. Elder Meads' Email Home

July 8, 2015 @ 11:26 A.M. = Week 6 We get a really quick email session to let our family know we arrived. We got here yesterday, and so I’ve only have that and this morning to judge by, but honestly, Washington is really pretty. The state’s in a record drought so the vegetation’s dead, but the trees are really cool. Sorry I can't attach any of the 37 pictures I've taken. That's right mom. 37, drink it in, because I forgot my cord at home, this was an unexpected library trip which is where we will always email from. Other than Washington itself, the mission work has been... [PREPARE YOURSELF TO LEARN HOW ELDER MEADS IS BEING PRANKED:] well, really dumb. I have good ideas on how to approach and talk to people, but my senior companion walks up waving a BoM most of the time which is just plain weird, and feels wrong. He’s been just really odd with the people we come across on the street. Good heavens, it's so awkward! He'll like walk up to a lady carrying grocers into her home, and instead of offering to help, he’s been like, "Hey, I like where you shop, it's really cheap" (not weird yet). Then he'll say something SUPER OFF like, "You know, I really like how you shop cheap, it reminds me of Joseph Smith. Can we come into your house and talk about Joseph Smith?” And she very quickly walks away. Or, this other dude was getting his mail out of his mailbox and my trainer says, "Hey, I like how you're getting your mail out of the mailbox, it reminds me of a story in the Book of Mormon. You've heard of the Book of Mormon, right? No? Well, can we come into your house and teach you a lesson about it?' All this, is without letting them speak a word – rapid fire. Of course people don’t want to talk to us, I wouldn't talk to us in a million years, if I were them. I may be fresh from the M.T.C., but seriously! I prefer to talk to people a little bit about anything before I tell them why I’m in their neighborhood, or lay the gospel on them. I sure hope he gets his laughs soon so we can get onto being real authentic missionaries with people, instead of appearing like weirdo salesmen. I like pranking as much as the next guy, but out here it doesn’t feel fun. I hope it’s just a ‘first 24 hours’ prank to shoot the gospel down people’s throats within the first 30 seconds of meeting them. Otherwise, it'll be a wonder if we have any investigators, lol. Guess I’m fully initiated now. My first 24 hours ends this afternoon. Speaking of investigators, all of ours are less active members that we go to and try to build up their testimonies so they will feel the desire to come back to church. I do much better in these lessons because I can talk about how I love this gospel without people running away, like on the streets, lol. I have a testimony and I want to share it with other people. We were at a member’s house yesterday, teaching on why families are important, and they have a little girl who loves blood. She blew me away with how much she understands hematology and went into really accurate detail to describe how blood works. The only thing that sounded off was that she said DNA made up 25% of blood, but hey, the rest was spot on! It feels good to be out of the M.T.C. and out actually preaching the gospel, even if it isn’t in Dutch. Still, even though I’m loving Washington, I really want to get my VISA cleared so I can get out and use my Dutch language skills to teach. Maybe I’ve been in the “everyone is happy” M.T.C. for too long, but I’m not used to hearing other elders say things like, "I know I'm not worthy to be a representative of God,…” Or, "Why would God want to put His trust in such an imperfect being as me?” It's just like, “Dang, Elder, you'd think by listening to you, that you have a really low self-esteem. We have the good news of the gospel to bring people. Chin up! We’re awesome! Oh, one last important thing, here's the address you can SEND EVERYTHING to: Elder Connor Meads; c/o Washington Federal Way Mission Home; 23175 224th Place SE, Suite E; Maple Valley, WA 98038. I can't actually send letters until, and can also only email on P-day here, sorry about that. My P days are Mondays xD Well, time’s up. Cya! -Elder Meads

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Introducing Elder Meads'

Introducing Elder Meads'

Beide de boeken preken van Jezus Christus:

Beide de boeken preken van Jezus Christus:

Proverbs 3:5-6

Proverbs 3:5-6

L.D.S. Den Haag Temple

L.D.S. Den Haag Temple

Mission Maps

Mission Maps

Elder Meads has been serving now for:

Elder Meads Serves till: