Welcome Friends & Family!

Thanks for your love and support! If you'd like to email or send anything to Elder Meads, please do! His email address is: connor.meads@myldsmail.net & His mailing address is: Elder Connor Meads; c/o Belgium/Netherlands Mission; Schuttersveld 2; 2316 ZA Leiden; Netherlands

Follow this blog by e-mail:

Area Transfers & Companions

05/27/15 L.D.S. Mission Training Center in Provo, Utah = Elder Taylor D´agostin - Chicago, IL

07/?/15 Washington Federal Way Mission Maple Valley, WA = Elder Parker Moses - ? & Elder Samulson - ?

07/?/15 Maple Valley, WA = Elder Cameron Sumsion - Provo UT

Belgium/Netherlands Mission in Assen, Netherlands = Elder Henri Torniainen - Finland

Assen, Netherlands = Elder Chester William Harp - Idaho

Rotterdam, Netherlands = Elder Zachary Johnson - SLC, UT

Rotterdam, Netherlands = Elder Antonius Tolman - Maryland

Vlissingen, Netherlands = Elder Zachary Vanfleet - Payson, UT

TOP 10 Most Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews

Warning: possible cookies

I am required to warn visitors that cookies MAY be found on this blog. I'm unaware of how to set those up here, but that doesn't seem to matter. If you do find a cookie here, please let me know. Thanks! Elder Meads' Mother
Friday, June 12, 2015

M.T.C. Week #2 Email

Hello Everyone, The MTC is going well. I'm having a pretty good time, in retrospect. I mean, this gospel isn't at all what I thought of it. When I came into the MTC I thought it was gonna be a drowning of Jesus loves us, and we should have faith in him, but that's only half of the discussion. The other half is WHY and HOW and much more. Ya know? Like we're studying science and math as much as we are religion, and that is “heel moi tot mij” = that is very beautiful to me. I've learned so much here. Looking back to before I came in and just went with the flow of whatever mom and dad told me was true, seems like complete and utter ignorance. There's an actual reason why things happen, and it's like... cool or something. I always had a belief I didn't know I had, that religion and science were two different things. But it's not like that at all. It's incredible. I now believe there's a logical explanation to everything, and God just has such a perfect understanding of the natural law that he can do everything we don't yet fully understand. We may have no idea how me talking in my head and starting a prayer, “ Dear Heavenly Father,….” and ending with “In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.” can be understood by the members of the Godhead – real, living "people" I've never actually seen before. But then again, if we took a camera back to ancient Egypt, they'd think we're gods, ya know? Anyway, just some stuff I've been thinking about. The food is just okay - not good, not bad - like high quality cafeteria food. Also, the sister missionaries are full of a beautiful spirit that all the Elders just love. It’s nice were not all just elders alone, ya know? I'm trying to think of specifics, but it's all a blend of stuff that happens again and again, every day. So here's my basic day: 6:30 am - Wake up, get ready, be happy, read some scriptures, maybe write a letter, eat some food 9:50 am - Go to class, study hard, mainly Dutch, always Dutch actually 12:50 pm - go to lunch, usually unappetizing, so I just get a wrap. Imagine REALLY bad Cafe Rio, but it’s okay to eat. 1:30 pm - Go to class again, learn even more Dutch 5:50pm - go to dinner, usually better than lunch, but I still usually get a wrap Then we use the last class time block to chill outside and be happy, chat up some sisters, chat up some investigators checking out the MTC, etc. It's the best time of the day. Oh, another experience I had was my companion and I were walking around at the last study block, so outside, and we're just talking about how hard it is, and how we're bored and the best way to learn is to teach investigators when this girl named Christi walks up and asks about the plan of salvation, and we gave a killer lesson on it, and talked about a lot of stuff up until I had to go to bed and she had to leave, and we met with her again a few times. It was really cool, makes you think that God listens to our prayers or something strange like that! Thanks for everyone's emails! My face lifts greatly when I get mail. It feels good to be remembered. I'll try and attach some photos for you guys. Okay, one sec, almost done with ... My camera is kinda crappy, but all is good. BTW, I've been taking photos of all the hidey holes in my room, and I have a district photo, and a zone photo you'll enjoy. Google is being dumb and won’t let me send more than 1 photo per email, I’ll see if I can’t find a way around it.
These are hidey holes in our room.
One is my comp., the other is the only sister in my district.
3 or so elders... The left most one is Elder Lieshman. The right most one is Elder Perry, and I think the red tie guy in the middle is elder Garcia.
Here's the district and zone, the zone is at the temple, district is in the classroom. The district... Okay, I can't remember the order of everyone else, it's been only a little over a week and there's been a lot to learn. Hmm, so we’ve got Elder Bryce Richards with blond hair, and his companion, Elder John Stanger, in front. Then, I believe we have Elder Jaden Lieshman, Elder Jameson Thornock, my companion, Elder Taylor D'agostin, I'm in the center rocking a vest - whattup?! Elder Taleon Perry, and then Elder Dakota Garcia. I'm not sure on the spelling of the first names. Sorry. xD There's more Belgium/Netherlands missionaries in our zone, but.... Yes, the MTC IS really hard, but at the same time, when I'm not being a procrastinator, it's really fun and interesting. My Dutch is coming along very well. I'm starting to think in Dutch and I can have a religious conversation in Dutch. I feel I'm progressing well. Alright, I hope you guys are getting all the blessings you were promised. The time is up. Alright, ttyl/cya! -Elder Meads

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Introducing Elder Meads'

Introducing Elder Meads'

Beide de boeken preken van Jezus Christus:

Beide de boeken preken van Jezus Christus:

Proverbs 3:5-6

Proverbs 3:5-6

L.D.S. Den Haag Temple

L.D.S. Den Haag Temple

Mission Maps

Mission Maps

Elder Meads has been serving now for:

Elder Meads Serves till: