Welcome Friends & Family!

Thanks for your love and support! If you'd like to email or send anything to Elder Meads, please do! His email address is: connor.meads@myldsmail.net & His mailing address is: Elder Connor Meads; c/o Belgium/Netherlands Mission; Schuttersveld 2; 2316 ZA Leiden; Netherlands

Follow this blog by e-mail:

Area Transfers & Companions

05/27/15 L.D.S. Mission Training Center in Provo, Utah = Elder Taylor D´agostin - Chicago, IL

07/?/15 Washington Federal Way Mission Maple Valley, WA = Elder Parker Moses - ? & Elder Samulson - ?

07/?/15 Maple Valley, WA = Elder Cameron Sumsion - Provo UT

Belgium/Netherlands Mission in Assen, Netherlands = Elder Henri Torniainen - Finland

Assen, Netherlands = Elder Chester William Harp - Idaho

Rotterdam, Netherlands = Elder Zachary Johnson - SLC, UT

Rotterdam, Netherlands = Elder Antonius Tolman - Maryland

Vlissingen, Netherlands = Elder Zachary Vanfleet - Payson, UT

TOP 10 Most Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews

Warning: possible cookies

I am required to warn visitors that cookies MAY be found on this blog. I'm unaware of how to set those up here, but that doesn't seem to matter. If you do find a cookie here, please let me know. Thanks! Elder Meads' Mother
Friday, May 22, 2015

Mission Farewell Talk (05-17-15 @ 9:20 am): Connor's Talk Notes

-Good Morning -Called to serve in Bel/Neth Mission Scripture: Proverbs 3:5-6 (Quote) -Sophomore Seminary lanyard -Didn't think much of it then -Became the best lanyard -Ended up playing a big part in why I want to serve a mission. =Scripture talks about if you've lost your way, you can always trust that Christ will be there for you, if you choose to trust Him. Why I want to serve -1st, never been super spiritual person -Bullheaded -Ignored spiritual stuff -Never cried -Didn't like going to church or seminary -Sometimes skipped out -Felt forced to stay at church, attend seminary, work on my Duty To God assignments, but just didn't complete them. Sorry Mom & Dad. -I was 14/15. Didn't care. -Didn't want to go on a mission, but felt I HAD TO. Now, this is worse than not going. -Wasted time (mine/mission's/Lord's) I didn't actually figure that out till junior year, but more about that later. Felt this way until the summer after my sophomore year when I went to Camp Kodiak. 1st Camp Kodiak -Sucked -Partnered up into companionships -My companion woke up on time, read scriptures, did everything asked to do -Worst companion ever! I wanted to sleep in, not read scriptures, not really participate in anything. -Devotional on why/if you want to go -Made me think, but I was still bullheaded -Coin Junior Year -A bad time -Still skipped out of church -No personal testimony -Didn't want to go to seminary -Wasn't planning to serve a mission -Again, didn't care. Summer between Jr. & Sr. Year = BIG DEAL -Jessica's call to REPENTANCE! -Saw the Bishop & began the repentance process -Started thinking of life after high school & training as a M.A. -Exodus to the Manti Temple like Trek but without the pioneer outfits =Free from distractions -Cell phone died -Between the repentance process & what I learned on Exodus, I thought there might be something to this gospel. -The repentance process works and FEELS GOOD! -Started to form my own testimony. Senior Year -1st day of seminary challenges =Read New Testiment + BofM cover to cover =1 hour service per week = journal every night =Tell my Mom I loved her =Listen to ALL of General Conference =Pray for full 10 minutes -Still think that one stupid -BofM testimony grew -Finished my M.A. certification and began working in urgent care office seeing myself as a care-giver. Medical Assistants' trip to Peru -Service like crazy -EARLY morning wake ups -Carry 50# sacks on shoulders to pour a school building -Workeing with Peruvian people felt incredible! -Worked in orphanage -Learned I loved serving people -REALLY wanted to serve a mission then! 1 Week later, I went with Ben to 2nd Camp Kodiak -Way better as a companion =Woke up on time -Read personal & companion scriptures -paid attention -Mission companion swore at me up and down to stretch myself to feel the spirit -Ponder time -Coin I'm now ready and excited to serve a mission -Thanks for all the support of ward leaders -Bear personal testimony of Savior -AMEN

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Introducing Elder Meads'

Introducing Elder Meads'

Beide de boeken preken van Jezus Christus:

Beide de boeken preken van Jezus Christus:

Proverbs 3:5-6

Proverbs 3:5-6

L.D.S. Den Haag Temple

L.D.S. Den Haag Temple

Mission Maps

Mission Maps

Elder Meads has been serving now for:

Elder Meads Serves till: